Inclusive Community Development (ICD) is a registered Community Based Organisation (CBO) since 2011. We aim at addressing mitigatable challenges faced by children, youths, Persons with Disabilities, older persons and other community minority strands through advancing functional and inclusive literacies, sustainable livelihoods and rights
We are looking for a dynamic programme officer and Finance and Administration Officer who will take over and manage our inclusive education programme in Bugiri.
Position: Programme Officer – 1 vacancy
Job Purpose: The incumbent is responsible for coordination and leadership in of the programmes in Bugiri district, particularly ensuring that there is proper planning, documentation and follow up on programmes and resolutions relating to inclusive education in Bugiri
Project implementation and reporting
- Participate in planning and budgeting, preparation of work plans, implementation of planned activities and monitoring/ reporting of progress.
- Facilitate and monitor the implementation of planned activities and community level engagements.
- Mobilize and facilitate the engagements of stakeholders during planning and development meetings, workshops and other fora.
- Identify local level partners and support and facilitate the partners in the implementation of planned activities.
- Supervise and monitor programmatic activities.
- Support the collection and documentation of impact and success stories.
Community engagement and advocacy
- Innovatively support communities including Registered Children (RC)households to participate and benefit from the programmes.
- Sensitize community on sponsorship (RC guardians, community leaders and other community members) and facilitate participation in the sponsorship management project.
- Train the children committees in the respective parishes in advocating for their wellbeing.
- Support and facilitate the children committees to plan for and hold meetings at all levels (School, parish and sub county) on a regular basis and document findings
- Support the children committees to conduct outreaches within their villages/parishes and sub counties
- Mobilize and facilitate active participation of children and their communities in planning, monitoring and implementation of community development initiatives.
- Build the capacity of children, families and community to collectively engage local leaders on identified issues.
- Follow-up on commitments by leaders on improvement of the wellbeing of children.
- Mobilize communities to participate in annual children care and protection days – such as the Day of African child.
Management of sponsorship performance
- Monitoring of RC in line with partnership standards.
- Ensure RC records and files are well managed and stored securely.
- Support RCs to correspond with sponsors in a timely manner.
- Facilitate processing of all special mails; Christmas cards, Spontaneous letters, APR, introductory letters within partnership standard.
- Support management of Support Office Queries, Gift Notifications, mails, and file copies of correspondences in children’s files.
- Conduct and produce quality periodic mailings (APR and Christmas Cards).
- Mobilize and support RC families to adequately prepare for and manage sponsor visits.
Monitoring of Registered Children
- RC monitoring and follow up of the child wellbeing in accordance to the minimum programming standard (once every 90 days).
- Support development and implement integrated monitoring plan in assigned area with Area Development Plan stakeholders
- Analyze and follow up critical RCs findings (especially RCs with challenges).
- Compile monitoring reports for management action.
- Hold monthly / quarterly meetings with Child Monitors and guardians/parents and child protection committees to address findings from monitoring.
- Work with Community Development Facilitator to identify, train monitors and partners.
- Provide information on support and benefit of RC required for maintenance of STEP database
Child Protection and Wellbeing
- Monitor the wellbeing and child abuse cases and report any incidents in line with child protection policy and guidelines.
- Work with local leaders to protect children from child violations and abuses
- Sensitize children including RCs, guardians/parents and other stakeholders about children’s rights and responsibilities.
- Minimum of a Degree in Social work, education or any other relevant discipline. A relevant University degree will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in community work and engagement with ICD programming sectors (health, education, WASH, Livelihood)
- Computer literate
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Good networking and influencing skills
- Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s) – Including sign languages
- Passion for children.
- Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability; and dependable
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Position: Finance and Administration Officer – 1 vacancy
Job Purpose: The incumbent will directly report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for providing financial expertise so as to align the resource utilisation to support ICD’s overall strategy to ensure organization expansion and continuity.
- Strategic management
- Contribute to the development of ICD’s corporate strategy to ensure the attainment and delivery of ICD plans and objectives.
- Contribute to the development of strategies and guidelines to raise funds so as to maintain, and if necessary, expand a system which will absorb expansion of ICD
- Participate in planning for planning for future needs and incorporate them into budgets and funding application.
Financial Risk Management:
- Take lead on the management of financial risk at a strategic level by assigning roles and responsibilities
- Identify opportunities and any risks associated with them
- Ensure controls are in place to reduce financial risks and that reviews take place.
- Ensure that ICD meets its financial and legal obligations to ensure payments are made on time and in a professional manner within and without ICD.
- Technical Support:
Financial and Administrative Policies and Procedures:
- Develop and maintain appropriate financial and administrative procedures for the effective and efficient functioning of all ICD programmes and activities
- Review on a periodic basis the financial and administrative policies and procedures in line with strategic plans and standards.
Financial information, guidance and reporting:
- Set up a financial management reporting structure
- Monitor and control the departmental financial performance while taking action to manage expectations.
- Review all ICD financial reports
- Prepare ICD finance and administration reports and review financial statements
- Prepare ICD quarterly Board Finance report
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Ensure proper monitoring and management of ICD’s funds
- Provide oversight, coaching and mentoring to the grant team
- Represent ICD in stakeholder meetings on financial aspects both internally and externally and give feedback to the relevant persons.
- Act as a liaison for external relationships with accountants, auditors, banks, and other financial services.
Receipts and Payments:
- Acknowledge donor funds direct transfers and donations
- Review and approve payment transactions as set out in ICD finance policy
- Review and approve staff payroll payments
Supervision and support:
- Guide and facilitate ICD Finance team
- Ensure that all Bank Reconciliation statements are reviewed and approved by the relevant authority.
- Negotiate, control and monitor all financial contracts to ensure provision of professional, cost-effective and quality services that provide optimum value to ICD
Planning and Budgeting:
- Spearhead the planning, coordinating, monitoring and reviewing of ICD annual budgets in order to guarantee financial sufficiency within established criteria and timescales using the appropriate policy and processes.
- Guide and support ICD project heads in preparation of budgets
- Prepare donor funding application budgets and align ICD annual budget with appropriate donors
- Prepare ICD annual budget and present it to ICD Board for approval
- Develop a budget monitoring, control and review system including actions to manage exceptions
- Develop, control and monitor ICD procurement processes and systems
- Monitor and review capital projects expenditures
- Oversee the development of IT policies, procedures, and guidelines for management of all aspects of IT operations, infrastructure, maintenance, system resiliency, cybersecurity risk mitigation, business continuity and operational support.
- Oversee the IT infrastructure including networking, telecom, storage and computing platforms, e-mail, multimedia conferences, and networked security systems.
- Review and maintain software licensing compliance and agreements
- Lead the development and continuous improvement of the systems that support the logistics function at ICD especially the Transportation Management system.
- Human Resource management:
- Identify learning and development needs of the department and deliver these trainings especially training of the staff in accounting methods and the accounting system for all ICD projects
- Participate in the recruitment and induction of the department staff in accordance with ICD laid down procedures
- Coaching and mentoring of departmental staff
- Support, supervise and review performance of the departmental staff by arranging and conducting individual performance reviews of the Finance and Administration team
- Together with HRM, plan, implement and evaluate in service training for staff.
- Perform any other duties assigned to you by your supervisors.
- Minimum of a Degree in an accounting field with professional undertaking (ATD, CPA, ACCA) underway or completed;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance, administration and operational management;
- At least two years in grants administration and resource mobilization and fundraising
- Computer proficiency in using conventional packages and quickbooks among others.
- The candidate must have strong demonstrated leadership qualities, depth and breadth of technical and management expertise and experience, and strong interpersonal, writing, and oral presentation skills
Are you the one we are looking for? Please submit your application, including a letter of interest and Curriculum Vitae to:
The Executive Director
Inclusive Community Development
P.O Box 23, Bugiri
Kindly email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
ICD is an equal opportunity employer and no one SHALL be discriminated in employment on the basis of disability, gender, race, tribe, age, religious and sexual orientation